Morning Fitness Class: APRIL / WEDNESDAYS ONLY
Adult / Adult Recreation -
Rise and shine! Let's talk about the benefits of an early morning workout...
- Less disruptive to your daily schedule = less likely to miss your workout = increased consistency and faster results!
- Starts your metabolic engine early = longer fat burn during your day!
- Balances hormones that regulate sleep and appetite = enhanced quality of sleep and appetite control!
Raise your heart rate and increase your strength and endurance through a combination of cardiovascular exercise, strength training, and flexibility work. Challenge yourself everyday (and save money!) with our combo package.
Classes are held in the Johnston Middle School Fitness Center.
Register for classes based on the days you would like to attend. There is no "combo" option available for Jan-Feb 2021.
Monday: Free Weights, This class is lower impact. Focuses more on the strength compared to cardio. Involves free weights, resistant bands, TRX, etc. Plus bonus core work!
Wednesday: Cardio, This class is medium to higher impact. Focused on getting that heart rate up. Usually involves cardio bursts using small equipment or body weight exercises. For example do work 40secs then 20 secs rest before next exercise.
Friday: Weight Cardio Circuit, This class is medium to higher impact. Focused on both the strength and endurance. Strength exercises along with cardio aspect to get that heart rate up. Involves variety of equipment.
COVID-Related Health/Safety Notes:
- Face coverings are required for participants and staff, even while you are working out.
- Please bring your own water bottle and towel. Water fountains will not be available.
- No sharing equipment.
- Participants may be asked to help wipe-down equipment and surfaces during and after class.
Instructors: Jill Miller & Andi Cameron